Our best app to date (are we allowed to say that?), what we've created for the Windows® Phone is packed with pretty much every single Newser feature you know and love. Download it and you'll get:
- Real-time access to the most recent Newser stories—as well as breaking news and the most popular stories.
- The ability to vote on the day's most hilarious, depressing, scary, intriguing, brilliant, and annoying stories.
- A chance to comment on any story that moves you.
- Sharing features that let you post the stories you love to Facebook and Twitter.
- Photo galleries worth gazing at.
And now we have updated the app for Microsoft's newest platform...Windows® Phone 8. New features include:
- Enhanced tiles: You can resize the Newser tiles to any of three sizes. Every size shows the number of unread stories, and wide shows the most recent story's headline.
- Lock screen integration: Newser can show the number of unread stories and the latest headline on the lock screen. Additionally, you can let Newser update the lock screen wallpaper.
- Voice commands: You can press and hold the start button and give Newser voice commands, such as “Newser start” to launch the app, “Newser (section name)” to launch the app and navigate to a section grid or “Newser search” to trigger the search feature. The app will ask you what to search for and then show the results.
- Text-to-speech: On the story page, you can tap the “Read this story to me” button and Newser will read the story to you!