Will Ferrell is Hollywood’s most overpaid actor for the second year in a row, thanks mostly to his role in the flop Land of the Lost. From Forbes’ annual top 10 (of which six are comedians), which looks at the year ending June 1:
- Will Ferrell: For every $1 he was paid, his films returned an average $3.35, but things may be better for him next year thanks to the relative success of The Other Guys.
- Eddie Murphy: $4.45 return on the dollar. Though his Shrek films are always successful, the list doesn’t take animated movies into account.
- Denzel Washington: $5.10 return on the dollar. He may be helped next year by his upcoming role in Tony Scott’s Unstoppable.
- Seth Rogen: $6.75 return on the dollar. The biggest reason for his inclusion on the list: Funny People.
- Tom Cruise: $7.20 return on the dollar. How the mighty have fallen! Neither Valkyrie nor Knight & Day proved to be his comeback machine.
For the complete list, click here
, or click here
to see why Ferrell should fear for his career.