Wesley Snipes enters prison in Pennsylvania today to serve a three-year sentence for tax evasion—and though the minimum-security McKean prison camp isn't exactly a five-star resort, it's not as bad as it could be. The AP gives details on what his life will be like:
- No fences: But he will submit to five daily head counts, three of which are overnight.
- Living quarters: He'll have a two-man room in the barracks, where the other 300 nonviolent inmates live.
- Daily schedule: Wake-up time is 6:35am, and jobs are performed for seven hours per day.
- Conjugal visits: He'll have to limit himself to just a kiss in the visitors room.
- Money: He can earn pennies an hour by doing laundry or other chores, and is allowed to spend $290 a month at the commissary.
- Entertainment: Double-feature movies are shown Friday through Sunday, but no R-, NC-17-, or X-rated films are screened.
- Exercise: Sand volleyball, indoor basketball, exercise machines, badminton, bocci, and bridge will be available to him.
- Medical facilities: The copay at the infirmary is only $2.
- Church: Almost any group you can think of, including Wiccans, hold weekly meetings.
Click for more, including why Snipes failed to pay taxes
—or watch his Tuesday night appearance on Larry King Live