Houston, we have a problem. An addiction. To Facebook. But you already knew that, right? What you may not know is just how serious it is. Onlineschools.org defines our problem by way of a numbers-filled infographic. Some highlights:
- Everybody's doing it: One in 13 inhabitants of planet Earth have an active Facebook account. On any given day, 1 in 26 of them are logged in.
- Eggs can wait: 48% of people ages 18 to 34 check Facebook upon waking up.
- It's not just for the kiddies: More than 30% of the userbase is over the age of 35.
- But still plenty of college-age pot smokers: Liking "drugs" was up 1131.9% in 2010.
- We Google it a lot: Feast your eyes on three of the top five search terms for 2010—Facebook, Facebook login, Facebook.com.
- We're photo crazy: 2.7 million pictures are uploaded every 20 minutes; over New Year's weekend, we uploaded 750 million images.
Click here for more details on our Facebook obsession