Charlie Sheen's Family Seeking Conservatorship
CBS yanks series as actor's benders risk millions in lost revenue
By Mary Papenfuss,  Newser User
Posted Feb 2, 2011 2:03 AM CST
Charlie Sheen heads for court in Aspen, Colo., last year to face domestic abuse charges.   (AP Photo/David Zalubowski, File)
camera-icon View 1 more image

(Newser) – Charlie Sheen's worried family will likely seek a court-ordered conservatorship over the way wayward actor to force him into rehab, reports Radar. CBS officials, meanwhile, have yanked Sheen's hit TV program off the air and a permanent shutdown could cost the network millions as Sheen grapples with the effects of his latest cocaine-smoking, booze-guzzling bender. Sheen, 45, is back home after being rushed to a local hospital last week. "Charlie is coughing a lot, and he doesn't seem to care what he is doing to his body," said a source. "He thinks he's invincible, and that he can do as much drugs as possible with no ramifications."

Parents Martin and Janet Sheen hope they could use a conservatorship over Sheen's finances and personal affairs to finally force him to get the help he needs and save his life. Early reports said Sheen was being treated at home by a rehab professional. But his dad knows that "Charlie isn't rehabbing at home," says a friend. "That term just doesn't exist. Charlie is calling the shots, he hasn't surrendered to sobriety, and until that happens, this cycle won't end." Network officials are replacing Sheen's Two and A Half Men with extra episodes of replacement sitcoms for a couple of weeks, and have been told Sheen could be out of the show for up to three months, according to the Hollywood Reporter. "I'm fine," the clueless Sheen texted last week. "Guy can’t have a great time and do his job also?”
 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
22%
10%
4%
55%
7%
2%