For a Cleopatra-themed Harper’s Bazaar shoot, Elizabeth Taylor got a surprising interviewer: Kim Kardashian, a self-described “huge Elizabeth Taylor nerd.” Highlights:
- How Kim can catch up: Kardashian calls Taylor her “idol,” but notes that she’s “six husbands and some big jewels behind.” Taylor’s advice: “Follow your passion, follow your heart, and the things you need will come.”
- Liz’s favorite jewels: The 33.19 carat Krupp diamond “is an extraordinary stone. It has such life and brilliance when light shines through it. Size does matter, but so does the size of the emotion behind it.” The Prince of Wales plume pin, which she bought at auction, is also special to her.
- Liz’s favorite looks: The Edith Head lavender dress she wore to the 1970 Oscars, the Cleopatra costumes (“I wore them as evening dresses afterward!”), and her caftans from the ‘60s and ‘70s: “I love to be casual and comfortable, but I also love the easy glamour of wearing jewelry all the time.”
- Liz’s favorite actors: Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell.
- Liz on Richard Burton: “It was inevitable that we would be married again, but it's not up for discussion.”
- Kim’s funniest questions: While discussing Taylor’s White Diamonds fragrance, Kardashian wants to know, “How does a lady smell good for life?” Sadly, Taylor doesn’t offer much of a response. (Kim also asks Liz to follow her on Twitter, to which she gets a “Yes, of course.”)
Click for the complete interview