HBO: No Show for Charlie
He calls sitcom's suspension 'crazy,' 'sad'
By Evann Gastaldo,  Newser Staff
Posted Feb 25, 2011 8:45 AM CST
Updated Feb 25, 2011 12:08 PM CST
Charlie Sheen waves as he leaves the the Pitkin County Courthouse in Aspen, Colo., on Monday, Aug 2, 2010, after he plead guilty to third degree assault in his domestic abuse case.   (AP Photo/Ed Andrieski)

(Newser) – Charlie Sheen thinks the suspension of Two and a Half Men is "crazy" and "sad," he tells Radar (in text messages sent from the Bahamas...). He had a new plan, but now even that appears to be in shambles: He told Radar he was in negotiations with HBO for his own half-hour show—which would have paid him $5 million per episode, to boot. But if you were wondering why in the world HBO would give Charlie Sheen his own show ... well, it turns out it wouldn't. A rep tells PopEater there is "no truth to this."

Sheen also told Radar he would submit to a drug test Monday in order to prove he is sober—and he'll even allow the urine and blood tests to be filmed. Click for more, including what Sheen had been planning for his new show or why friends say he'll never go back to CBS.
 

My Take on This Story
64%
14%
1%
12%
7%
2%