The Detroit Red Wings cruised to a ninth straight victory last night over the Columbus Blue Jackets, fueled by two power-play goals and 15 saves from goalie Dominik Hasek. Dan Cleary's eye had a close encounter with the puck, which knocked him from the game for 10 minutes. Elsewhere in the NHL:
- Brian McCabe got his 400th point in Toronto's 3-0 blanking of Buffalo.
- Atlanta easily sent Florida packing, 4-1.
- Chicago's defense continued its scoring streak for a 4-2 win over Saint Louis.
- Vancouver regained .500 with a 2-1 overtime defeat of Colorado.
- Anaheim and Andy McDonald edged past San Jose in a shootout.