The Detroit Pistons were the first to beat the LA Clippers this season, dominating them absolutely in a 103-79 rout, reports the Detroit News. The Clippers shot only 35% from the field and saw their bench outscored by Detroit's, 25-3 through three quarters. On other NBA courts yesterday:
- In Yi Jianlian's first matchup with Yao Ming, the rookie's Bucks crumpled before the Rockets, 103-88.
- Portland edged out Memphis, 100-98.
- Lamar Odom returns to help LA to a 107-93 win against Milwaukee.
- Kevin Martin's 32 points couldn't keep Cleveland from beating Sacramento, 93-91.
- Utah stole Seattle's chance at its first win, 103-101.