ICC Seeks to Tie Gadhafi to Libya Rapes But so far no hard evidence, prosecutor says By Evann Gastaldo, Newser Staff Posted Jun 28, 2011 1:34 PM CDT 0 comments Comments This Friday, March 2, 2007 file photo shows Libya's Moammar Gadhafi in Sabha, Libya Friday, March 2, 2007. (AP Photo/Nasser Nasser, File) (Newser) – Moammar Gadhafi could face rape charges—if the International Criminal Court can link him to any rapes. Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo tells CNN the court is still looking for evidence and cannot yet prove Gadhafi ordered the rapes that have taken place during the months of unrest in Libya. Even so, Gadhafi must contend with the other charges leveled against him. Moreno-Ocampo and NATO both confirm that Libya, not the international forces operating in the country, is responsible as a UN member for arresting Gadhafi. Despite the fact that Libya has rejected the ICC's authority, Moreno-Ocampo says Gadhafi will certainly be arrested in time; he points out that 160 of the 161 warrants issued during the 1990s Yugoslav wars have resulted in seized suspects, and that even Ratko Mladic was seized 15 years after his arrest warrant was issued. Libyan rebels cheered yesterday's announcement of the arrest warrants against Gadhafi, his son, and his brother-in-law.