While celebrating our nation's birthday, pause and raise your beer can and toast these famous Americans, born on the fourth of July. Highlights from the Daily Beast's list:
- Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino: Which news do you find most surprising? That "The Situation" turns 30 today, or that his reality TV earnings were second only to Kim Kardashian's last year.
- Calvin Coolidge: Our country's 30th president is the only commander in chief to have had this patriotic birthday.
- Gloria Stuart: A great piece of trivia for filmgoers obsessed with Titanic. The actress who played the 101-year-old version of Rose in the movie was born July 4, and died last year at age 100.
- Ann Landers/Dear Abby: Twin sisters Esther Pauline Friedman and Pauline Esther Friedman (yes, you read those names correctly) were born in 1918 and went on to become Ann Landers and Dear Abby, respectively.
- Bill Withers: The musician behind American classics like "Lean on Me," "Ain’t No Sunshine," and "Just the Two of Us" was born in 1938.
- Malia Obama: The first daughter turns the big 1-3 today.
Click for the Daily Beast's complete list, which includes two famous writers