Need to disinfect a wound? Use honey, not hydrogen peroxide. While hydrogen peroxide can prevent healing, honey is a good alternative because it's quite antibacterial. That's just one of the weird health tips rounded Listverse:
- To stop bleeding: Clean your cut, then sprinkle black pepper on it and apply pressure. Nope, it won't sting, but pepper has antiseptic, analgesic, and antibacterial properties.
- To lower your cholesterol: Take Metamucil—one study found it will work to decrease bad cholesterol, at least in men. Bonus: It also helps to lower blood sugar and blood pressure.
- To lose weight: Buy your groceries with cash.
- To get more calcium: Grind up egg shells and add them to your food—or a beverage, if you prefer. Apparently they are tasteless and odorless.
- To relieve back pain: Find out if your legs are two different lengths. If they are, get a shoe insert for the shorter one.
Click for the entire list
, which includes a helpful tip about how to live longer (as long as you don't mind changing your name).