If you want to feel old, just take a look at the annual Beloit College Mindset List, meant to get inside the heads of each year’s incoming college freshmen. For example, this year’s list points out that the class of 2015, born in 1993, has never not had access to the Internet. More:
- Ferris Bueller is old enough to be their dad.
- Andre the Giant and River Phoenix have always been dead.
- To them, “LBJ” could very well mean “LeBron James.”
- OJ Simpson is more well-known as a murder suspect than as an athlete.
- Dial-up? What’s dial-up?
- They never saw Britney, Justin, or Christina as Mouseketeers.
- Forget Michael Jordan, it’s all about Shaq and Kobe.
- Break-ups no longer need to be done in person or over the phone, thanks to texting and Facebook.
- “PC” refers more often to “personal computer” than “politically correct.”
Click for the complete list
. (Remember pogs and Tickle Me Elmo? So do they!) Or click here for last year's list.