The 50-state quarter program will wrap up next year when quarters for the final five states will be released. The US Mint revealed their designs yesterday:
- Oklahoma's quarter will feature the state bird, the scissortail flycatcher, and the state flower, the Indian blanket.
- New Mexico's coin will be marked with a Zia sun symbol.
- Arizona's will include the Grand Canyon and a Saguaro cactus.
- Alaska's coin will feature a grizzly bear with a salmon in its mouth.
- Hawaii's will be stamped with King Kamehameha.
The quarters program is the most successful in the history of the US Mint, raking in some $3.8 billion in extra profits for the government as collectors rush to accumulate the coins. All quarters will revert to their original design after next year.