In what could be the second instance of an exploding cell phone killing its owner, a South Korean man was found dead with a melted battery in his pocket today. His heart and lungs were punctured, a doctor said, due to “high pressure from an explosion.” Phone maker LG insisted the device in question, sold only in Korea, had been thoroughly tested, BBC reports.
The man’s shirt also contained soot in the shape of a cell phone. This summer, a Chinese welder was apparently killed by a mobile phone explosion, an incident attributed to the high temperatures at the man’s workplace. In the Korean case, the victim was found in a cold quarry.