Courtney Love is getting a lot of press for a recent Vanity Fair interview in which she says that if Kurt Cobain came back to life, she'd kill him again for committing suicide. But that's far from the only interesting thing she says. Highlights:
- The full Cobain quote: "Mad? Ya think?! If he came back right now I’d have to kill him, for what he did to us. I’d fucking kill him. I’d fuck him, and then I’d kill him. He tried to kill himself three times!"
- More on Cobain: "He OD’d at least five times. I was the fucking EMS. I was always sticking pins in his balls. I carried around Narcan," a drug used to counter the effects of a heroin overdose.
- On "the fraud," a matter Love is obsessed with: She claims she is owed more than $250 million related to Nirvana, but says the problems started while Cobain was still alive. "We could never find our money!" she says. "We had $135,000 in our bank account. They said that if he would go do Lollapalooza he would make $11 million … Do you think Kurt would have killed himself if he had known he had $54 million?"
- On estranged daughter Frances Bean Cobain: "It was my fault [that Frances couldn't read until age seven]! I never read to her!" she says. "Why didn’t I ever take her to a Broadway show? She fucking loved those Broadway musicals!" She also claims other kids sometimes called Frances "crack baby."
- On Randy and Evi Quaid: "They make me look sane."
- On no one in particular: "They won't be happy till I'm dead!"
Click for another Vanity Fair interview
getting some less-than-positive attention.