As the obituaries of Kim Jong Il pour in, it's hard to miss the fact that he was a profoundly weird guy. The Daily Mirror lists 17 bizarre tidbits about him:
- A former chef said staff had to make sure the grains of rice he ate were the same size and color.
- He kidnapped two South Korean film directors in 1978 because he thought all the filmmakers in his own country were awful. (He was a film buff with a reported collection of 20,000 foreign films. Loved Rambo.)
- When he had to take painkillers after falling off a horse, he made a handful of his staff take the same medication.
- He imported more than $500,000 worth of Hennessy per year and insisted that things like roast donkey and live lobsters be flown in fresh to his train during travels. (While his nation starved.)
- His official bio at various times claimed he was the world's greatest golfer (five holes-in-ones on his very first round!), could control the weather with his mood, and ... did not defecate.
Click for the full list