The New York Times has anointed the top 53 tourist destinations for 2008, and some are a walk on the wild side.
- Laos: Because Vietnam is so over
- Lisbon: It's Europe, but affordable, and up-and-coming on the cultural map
- Tunisia: The next North African watering hole for luxury travelers
- Mauritius: Portal to the Indian Ocean
- Mid-Beach Miami: Where fading glamour has gotten a facelift
- South Beach Miami: Even more designer hotels
- Maldives: The post-tsunami comeback
- Death Valley: Nature lovers' haven
- Courchevel: Saint-Tropez of the Alps
- Libya: Home to little-known ancient ruins
Click the link below to see the complete list.