It's one way to avoid the sophomore slump: Paste counts down 10 singers or bands whose first album set the music world abuzz and whose official second album simply never materialized:
- Lauryn Hill, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, 1998: "Only a forgettable Unplugged live album, a handful of soundtrack appearances, and a 2010 single to her name since."
- Jeff Buckley, Grace, 1994: He recorded a lot before his 1997 death, but that's his only full-length studio album.
- Sex Pistols, Nevermind the Bollocks, Here’s the Sex Pistols, 1977: Just the one album, despite the cult status.
- The Monks, Black Monk Time, 1966: This "primal garage rock" album is "one of the important cult records of all time."
- The La's, The La’s, 1990: The There She Goes single was and is ubiquitous, but lead singer Lee Marvis is too much of a "notorious perfectionist."
Read the rest of the one-album wonders here