A former White House intern's shocking tell-all about her affair with President Kennedy has arrived in bookstores. Mimi Alford's Once Upon a Secret recounts her first sexual encounter with JFK at a White House after-party in 1962: The president guided her into Jackie O's bedroom, "unbuttoned the top of my shirtdress and touched my breasts," she writes. After they had sex, he matter-of-factly pointed her to the bathroom. The 19-year-old kept thinking that night: "I’m not a virgin anymore.”
The New York Post serves up more details about the 18-month affair:
- Their sex was “varied and fun.” The pair spent an “inordinate amount of time taking baths."
- They liked the musical “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying” and enjoyed singing it together. But "there was always a layer of reserve between us, which may explain why we never kissed,” she writes.
- JFK lost his composure after she met Vice President Lyndon Johnson. "Stay away from him," he told her.
- He once suggested that she relieve the tension of "first friend" Dave Powers during a noon swim. "This was a challenge to give Dave Powers oral sex. I don’t think the president thought I’d do it, but I’m ashamed to say that I did . . . The president silently watched.”
- During the Cuban Missle Crisis, JFK told her, “I’d rather my children red than dead."
- The two cried together while reading condolence letters after the death of his infant child, Patrick Bouvier Kennedy.
- JFK once mischievously suggested that she "take care of my baby brother. He could stand a little relaxation." She "absolutely" refused.
See more from the Post here