Hollywood may be seemingly rife with outspoken liberals, but Chuck Norris (who is currently backing Newt Gingrich) is far from the only Republican celebrity. A sampling of those who lean right, courtesy of E! and the Atlantic:
- Jessica Simpson: She endorsed George W. Bush in 2004, and her dad said a few years ago that the singer "loves the heck out of" Dubya.
- 50 Cent: The rapper also endorsed Bush, calling him "incredible. A gangsta. I wanna meet George Bush, just shake his hand and tell him how much of me I see in him."
- Robert Downey Jr.: It's not totally clear where he stands, but he once told the New York Times, "I have a really interesting political point of view, and it's not always something I say too loud at dinner tables here, but you can't go from a $2,000-a-night suite at La Mirage to a penitentiary and really understand it and come out a liberal."
- Johnny Ramone: The Ramones' member once called Ronald Reagan "the best president of my lifetime."
- Moe Tucker: The ex-Velvet Underground drummer was spotted at a Tea Party rally, and confirmed that she does agree with many of the group's views.
- Kelsey Grammer: The Cheers and Frasier star endorsed Michele Bachmann most recently.
- Adam Sandler: He supported Rudy Giuliani in 2007.
- Heather Locklear: She once spoke at a campaign event for a GOP congressional candidate.
- A few more possibilities: The Hollywood Congress of Republicans claims that Alex Trebek, Anderson Cooper, Bruce Willis, Dick Clark, and a whole bunch of others, including The Rock, lean right.
And then, of course, there's the Megadeth frontman who loves Rick Santorum
, not to mention Kelly Clarkson, who is a fan of Ron Paul