The Eisenhower Executive Office Building caught fire today. Firefighters rushed to evacuate the historic building, which stands next to the White House and holds Dick Cheney's ceremonial offices, CNN reports. The blaze began on the third floor, in an electrical closet or phone bank, and according to the Secret Service is already contained on the second floor.
So far, no injuries have been reported. Firefighters are focusing on ventilating the smoke, a spokesperson said. Many White House staffers work in the building, which dates back to the nineteenth century and hosts numerous events, such as signings. Cheney was not there at the time of the fire, ABC News reports.