The Indianapolis Colts stuck to the plan tonight in the NFL draft and made Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck this year's No. 1 pick, reports the Indianapolis Star. ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted that he will get a four-year deal for $22 million. That's relatively modest by NFL standards, but Bleacher Report says it's part of a trend in which "rookies are no longer getting huge contracts."
The top 5 picks:
- Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, Stanford, quarterback
- Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin III, Baylor, quarterback
- Cleveland Browns: Trent Richardson, Alabama, running back
- Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, USC, offensive tackle
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State, wide receiver
More on the unfolding draft here