Taylor Swift is donating a sizable $4 million to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, the largest gift ever donated to the museum by an artist. It will fund the Taylor Swift Education Center, a new classroom and exhibit space opening in 2014, the AP reports. Swift proves that not all celebrities spend their dough on things like $12,000 Chanel bicycles and $18,500 olive trees, and Celebuzz rounds up 14 more who give freely of their money and/or their time. And while some are obvious (hello, George Clooney) many might surprise:
- Sandra Bullock: Has donated $1 million to relief organizations that give aid to those affected by 9/11, the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake, and the recent earthquakes in Haiti and Japan.
- Ellen DeGeneres: Her pet cause is, ahem, animal rights and rescue organizations, and her pet food line benefits charity.
- Alicia Keys: This ambassador for Keep A Child Alive, an organization focused on families affected by AIDS, does everything from hosting fundraisers to traveling to Africa.
- Nick Jonas: He has diabetes, and acts as an ambassador for Bayer Diabetes Care, promoting research funding.
- Eva Longoria: She’s a spokesperson for PADRES Contra El Cancer and supports many other Latino causes and community organizations.
Click for the complete list
, which includes one celeb who has raised more than $125 million for the AIDS Foundation.