Half of US Drinks Soda Every Single Day
One nation, under Pepsi...
By Kate Seamons, Newser Staff
Posted Jul 24, 2012 10:20 AM CDT
Pepsi, please!   (?Lel4nd)

(Newser) – One nation, under Pepsi ... or Coke. When it comes to soda, 48% of Americans have at least one every single day, according to a new Gallup poll. The remaining 52% drink zilch, but among those who do reach for a pop, they drink an average of 2.6 glasses a day, with 7% of Americans reporting having four or more. It's the first time Gallup has asked about soda in its annual Consumption Habits poll, which found that, America's nearly 13,000 Starbucks notwithstanding, coffee consumption really hasn't budged since 1999—but it remains our liquid stimulant of choice. Some 64% of people reported having at least one cup, up just a hair from 63% 13 years ago.

More From Newser
My Take on This Story
To report an error on this story,
notify our editors.
Half of US Drinks Soda Every Single Day is...
8%
3%
13%
49%
18%
8%
Show results without voting
You Might Like
Comments
Showing 3 of 26 comments
DougMasters
Jul 24, 2012 8:04 PM CDT
I have a very healthy diet. My wife and I are very motivational, and very supportive of each others diet. The thing I struggle with is Pepsi. I love Pepsi, I have a really hard time with that. It's my vice.
793tango
Jul 24, 2012 6:18 PM CDT
I drink soda instead of coffee since coffee doesn't agree with my stomach. Caffeine by any other name...
finkster
Jul 24, 2012 5:58 PM CDT
"The remaining 52% drink zilch" And I'm proud to be part of the zilch people....:-)