Another sign that luxe housing is making a rebound? A Florida estate has sold for $47 million, a record for Miami-Dade County, reports the Wall Street Journal. The buyer was an unidentified Russian. The newly built estate was initially on the market for $60 million, but even with the price cut, it set a single-family home sale record. "The market has changed dramatically for the super high end," says a local broker. "These are prices that we've never, ever seen before."
So what do you get for that absurd amount of cash?
- 30,000 square feet with glass walls peering out onto Biscayne Bay
- 10 bedrooms
- A 3-D movie theater
- A private beach, complete with several tons of sand imported from the Bahamas
- A wine cellar with fingerprint ID security
- Access to the private golf course on the small gated island where your house is located
- One of your neighbors is Julio Iglesias
Need to see photos? See the full story
at the Journal