Kristen Stewart Not Invited to Snow White Sequel
Affair cost her more than just Robert Pattinson, apparently
By Evann Gastaldo,  Newser Staff
Posted Aug 15, 2012 8:14 AM CDT
This film image released by Universal Pictures shows actress Kristen Stewart in a scene from "Snow White and the Huntsman."   (AP Photo/Universal Pictures)

(Newser) – First Kristen Stewart lost her boyfriend; now her affair with Snow White and the Huntsman director Rupert Sanders may have cost her a job. The Hollywood Reporter says Stewart has been "dropped" from the Snow White sequel, which will now focus solely on the Huntsman character played by Chris Hemsworth. Sources say Universal originally planned to make three films—two including Stewart's character, and one focusing just on the Huntsman—but that plan has changed, and Stewart will not be asked back.

But, E! notes, "dropped" may be too strong a word, considering Stewart was never officially attached to the sequel (and neither is Hemsworth, at least officially), and she herself told E! earlier this summer she's not contractually obligated to return. Even so, the Reporter calls it "highly unusual" for a star not to be invited to a second installment of a franchise. The Snow White screenwriter, David Koepp, will also not return since the project is now different than what he was hired to write. As for Sanders, his future with the franchise is still unclear, but one insider says he will return. (And a Universal rep tells the LA Times that Stewart's character could still return to the Huntsman-centric film.)
 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
48%
28%
4%
6%
14%
2%