Mitt Romney's campaign has released excerpts from his acceptance speech, which gets delivered in person in the 10pm hour tonight at the GOP convention. One quote that seems to be getting heavy rotation in previews:
- "If you felt that excitement when you voted for Barack Obama, shouldn’t you feel that way now that he’s President Obama? You know there’s something wrong with the kind of job he’s done as president when the best feeling you had, was the day you voted for him."
And some others:
- "I wish President Obama had succeeded because I want America to succeed. But his promises gave way to disappointment and division."
- “What is needed in our country today is not complicated or profound. It doesn’t take a special government commission to tell us what America needs. What America needs is jobs. Lots of jobs.” He will lay out the broad strokes of a plan he says will create 12 million jobs.)
- "By 2020, North America will be energy independent by taking full advantage of our oil and coal and gas and nuclear and renewable energy sources."
- "Many Americans have given up on this president, but they haven't ever thought about giving up. Not on themselves, not on each other. And not on America."
Read the excerpts in full, which also touch on his parents, his wife and kids, and the early days of Bain, at the Wall Street Journal.