Details of Johnny Lewis' troubled life are pouring out after the former Sons of Anarchy actor was found dead after allegedly killing his landlord Wednesday:
- The 28-year-old had been arrested at least three times this year, the Los Angeles Times reports: once for breaking into a home and beating two men inside, once for punching a man in a yogurt shop, and once for attempting to break in to another home. Family and friends had repeatedly tried to help the actor—who was still landing movie roles—with his substance abuse and mental issues. A probation report called his recent behavior "out of control." E! reports that an attorney who represented Lewis said it was clear he suffered from delusions.
- It seems Lewis' mental troubles began earlier this year, when he had a bad experience with an undisclosed drug that caused him to have a "psychotic break," sources tell TMZ. He had never been the same since, but was stabilized on medication. The sources believe he stopped taking the medication when he was released from his latest jail stint, days before his death, causing him to become dangerously unstable.
- Lewis was, at least at one point, very active in Scientology and its drug abuse program, Narconon, TMZ reports.
- Adding to Lewis' recent troubles: He had a daughter, and was upset over a custody battle, E! reports.
- But, until the morning of her death, Lewis had never given his landlady any reason to fear him, a friend of hers tells Celebuzz.
- Many of the songs of Katy Perry, who dated Lewis in 2006, were inspired by Lewis, a source tells Us. Perry "had to separate from him" because she knew "he was in trouble then and she couldn't help him." She's said to be "devastated" by his death.