The AV Club counted down the top 50 movies of the 1990s this week, with Goodfellas coming out on top. It doesn't just hold up after more than a decade, it keeps getting better. "Every return trip also reveals how much is at work in Martin Scorsese's decades-spanning mob drama, which doubles as a history of the mafia’s rise and fall as well as an exploration of what it takes to make it in America." The top five:
- Goodfellas (1990): "Breathtaking."
- Pulp Fiction (1994): Quentin Tarantino's film "changed everything" and spawned countless imitators.
- Toy Story 2 (1999): "A rare case of a sequel improving on the original."
- Dazed And Confused (1993): Richard Linklater's film offers way more than just '70s nostalgia.
- Chungking Express (1994): Nothing rivals it in terms of "sheer sensuality."
Read the full top 10 here
, and get the rest of the top 50 in two takes here