Angelina Jolie won an Oscar for her role in Girl, Interrupted—so, chances are, Parker Posey regrets not auditioning for the role when invited. Posey has said she "just didn't care enough about it." The Frisky rounds up 24 more casting close calls in Hollywood:
- Leonardo DiCaprio could have been on Baywatch. He was almost cast as the son of David Hasselhoff's character.
- Jennifer Hudson could have had the lead role in Precious, but she didn't want to gain weight.
- Jennifer Aniston was asked to be a cast member on Saturday Night Live, but she was concerned it was too much of a boys' club and went with Friends instead.
- Julia Roberts could have had Sandra Bullock's Oscar-winning role in The Blind Side.
Click for the complete list
- And Michelle Pfeiffer could have had Julia's role in Pretty Woman.
- Alicia Silverstone was almost given Claire Danes' role in My So-Called Life, but the producer thought she was too beautiful.
- And speaking of Alicia, her role in Clueless was almost given to Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- Will Smith turned down a chance to play Neo in The Matrix.
, including a different Bella and Edward in Twilight
, a different Marty McFly in Back to the Future
, and even a different Han Solo.