Keira Knightley goes topless in the December issue of Allure, and addresses all those rumors that she's anorexic:
- On nudity in her film roles: "I'm quite rigorous about what gets exposed. No bottom half! I don't mind exposing my tits because they're so small—people really aren't that interested!"
- On those small breasts: “They always pencil in my boobs. I was only angry when they were really droopy. For King Arthur, for a poster, they gave me these really strange droopy tits," she says. "I thought, well if you’re going to make me fantasy breasts, at least make perky breasts."
- On body image: "The anorexic stuff—all of that—it's always going to have an impact, so I think it did hit pretty hard," she says. "I knew I wasn't anorexic. But maybe my body is somehow not right. Or my face is not right. Or the way I speak is not right. When you're going through a period where you're really getting a lot of criticism, you go, Maybe all this is right! You just kind of want to hide it all."
- On feminism: "I am a feminist, but I clearly objectify myself—so that right there is a total contradiction to feminist principles."
- On her fiancé: "We're total opposites," she says of herself and musician James Righton. She's not sure how to handle the publicity of a wedding, joking, "Maybe I'll be permanently engaged!"
Click to see two topless photos from the shoot