Is Matt Lauer getting too old to host the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade coverage for NBC? Twitter seems to think so. Some of the harshest tweets directed at Lauer yesterday, as rounded up by the New York Post:
- @WrongImpression: "Dear Matt Lauer, RETIRE. YOU LOOK LIKE A CROTCHETY OLD MAN."
- Katie McKew: "Man, I remember back when Matt Lauer had hair."
- Brent Watson: "Matt Lauer should get a lifetime achievement award for saying ridiculous things with deadpan, absolute sincerity."
- @SprintRaider: "Is there a device to delete Matt Lauer’s voice while watching the Macy’s parade?"
- Ted Glick: "Can’t decide if it’s Matt Lauer that I hate or just the mindless blather that comes out of his face all of the time..."
Lauer even got his own less-than-complimentary Twitter hashtag, #lauerfail, after he mispronounced the name of a Gershwin song Matthew Broderick and Kelli O'Hara performed, Mediaite notes.