For every child star like Angus T. Jones trashing his own show, there's a Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who started acting at age seven but has managed to turn into a movie star while apparently remaining well-adjusted and normal. The Huffington Post rounds up an impressive 32 more of the latter:
- Claire Danes: She became famous at just 14 thanks to My So-Called Life, and she's maintained that success as an adult (Homeland, Temple Grandin) with no meltdowns.
- Leonardo DiCaprio: He started getting TV work at age 16, and now as an adult, he's one of Hollywood's highest-paid actors.
- Fergie: The Black Eyed Peas' singer started out as a 9-year-old on Kids Incorporated.
- Neil Patrick Harris: Hard to believe this cult favorite and How I Met Your Mother star started out as Doogie Howser at age 15.
- Ron Howard: The hit director and producer got his acting start at the shockingly young age of 18 months.
- Mila Kunis: She's surprisingly well-adjusted for starting out as a 12-year-old actress—we'll forgive her her choice of boyfriend.
- Elisabeth Moss: The Emmy-nominated Mad Men actress started acting at age 8, with roles on an NBC miniseries as well as the series Picket Fences.
Click for the complete list