So how did Golden Globes hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler do? You be the judge ... among their best lines:
- Poehler: "You can smell the pills from here."
- Fey: "Tonight we honor television shows that have entertained us all year, as well as the films that have only been in theaters two days."
- Poehler: "Ricky Gervais could not be here tonight because he is no longer technically in show business."
- Poehler got some of the biggest laughs after directing her attention to Kathryn Bigelow: I haven't really been following the controversy over Zero Dark Thirty, but "when it comes to torture, I trust the lady who spent three years married to James Cameron."
- Fey on Anne Hathaway in Les Mis: "I haven't seen someone so abandoned like that since you were onstage with James Franco at the Oscars."
- Fey: "Quentin Tarantino is here, the star of all my sexual nightmares."
- Poehler: "Meryl Streep is not here tonight, she has the flu. And I hear she's amazing in it."