4 Hurt in Bourbon St. Shooting One critically; police investigate as Mardi Gras partying quickly resumes By Newser Editors and Wire Services Posted Feb 10, 2013 6:57 AM CST 50 comments Comments Revelers crowd Bourbon Street for Super Bowl XLVII in this file photo from Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013. A shooting last night injured four people, one critically. (AP Photo/Matthew Hinton) (Newser) – Gunshots and then screams erupted in a French Quarter crowd celebrating the countdown to Mardi Gras, and police who released a bystander's video footage early today said four people had been wounded in the Bourbon Street shooting after an argument involving revelers. Authorities did not immediately say if any arrests had been made. Those wounded included a male victim in critical condition with shots to the abdomen, thigh, and pelvis, along with one other male and two female victims with lesser gunshot wounds. The shooting came on the frenzied last weekend of partying before Mardi Gras. The bystander's footage showed many people in costumes, several with drinks in hand, before the shooting. Police said that two men initially were arguing with a male victim who ended up the most seriously wounded. According to police, the two suspects briefly withdrew after the initial argument, then one returned with a third man and the shooting erupted. Some revelers said that block of Bourbon Street was closed off for a time, but partying resumed in full force hours later. "It's not an OK thing that happened, and it's definitely scary. But I'm not going to let it affect my night," said one 19-year-old tourist.