Today sees the release of a number of new details on the Newtown school shooting, by way of the chief prosecutor and newly released search warrants. The latest, per NBC News and the AP:
- The massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School lasted less than five minutes.
- In that time, Adam Lanza fired 154 bullets from a Bushmaster .223-model rifle.
- His 155th bullet, fired from a Glock 10mm handgun, was the one used to take his own life.
- He was found wearing a bulletproof vest and military-style clothing.
- Lanza also had another loaded handgun with him inside the school; a loaded 12-gauge shotgun was also found in the car he drove to the school.
- Officials removed three Samurai swords, Lanza's NRA certificate, and boxes of Lanza's writings (including handwritten notes on ammunition and gun shop addresses) and papers (including an article on the Northern Illinois University shooting) from his home. They also recovered three photos that depict what looks like a dead person beneath plastic.
- There was gun safe in his bedroom; officials also found a holiday card containing a check from his mother that was to be used to buy a firearm.
- An FBI report attached to the search warrants noted that Lanza considered Sandy Hook Elementary School his "life."