Multiple stints in rehab don't seem to have helped Lindsay Lohan one bit, but that doesn't mean it never works. People rounds up 11 celebrities who have actually turned things around after rehab:
- Ben Affleck: You may have actually forgotten, but in 2001, he went to rehab for alcohol. Bizarrely, Charlie Sheen drove him there.
- Robert Downey Jr.: The court made him go, after drug-related arrests, in 1999 and 2001. From what we can tell, things have been going pretty well since he was released in 2002.
- Rob Lowe: He checked himself into rehab in 1990 so he could quit drinking, and later helped RDJ with his own struggles.
- Drew Barrymore: Entering rehab at 13 never bodes well, but it worked out for Barrymore eventually—though she has said "you are never fully mended."
- Matthew Perry: The Friends star went to rehab for drug and alcohol addiction in 1997 and again in 2001. He returned briefly in 2011, just to "continue my life in recovery," he said.
Click for the complete list