Did Linda Perry stage the most romantic celebrity proposal of all time when she got engaged to Sara Gilbert? Maybe, but People rounds up 11 more celebrity proposals that are also in the running:
- Nick Cannon proposed to Mariah Carey on a rooftop looking out on the Empire State Building, which he'd arranged to have lit up in pink and purple—her favorite colors.
- While Carey Hart was racing, Pink held up a sign saying, "Will you marry me?" He kept racing, so she flipped the sign over to the side that said, "I'm serious." At that point, he dropped out of the race and accepted.
- At the unveiling of his own statue, Garth Brooks took a knee—onstage, in front of 7,000 people—and asked Trisha Yearwood to marry him.
- Alec Baldwin took Hilaria Thomas, who is Spanish, to a lighthouse near his New York home. "This is the closest I could get you to Spain," he said.
- Dean McDermott took Tori Spelling on a horse-drawn carriage ride through a Christmas tree farm, which his sister had decorated with Christmas lights. At the end of the tour, he proposed.
- Bill Rancic told girlfriend Giuliana (whose last name at the time was DePandi) they were going on a Christmas lights helicopter tour of his native Chicago, but while in the air, he busted out champagne, deep-dish pizza, and Michael Bublé on the headsets and then popped the question.
Click for the complete list
, or check out the memorable ways some stars announced