Yet More Bodies Found in Bangladesh Local mayor suspended as toll reaches 430; 149 missing By Matt Cantor, Newser User Posted May 2, 2013 2:27 AM CDT 2 comments Comments Workers and army personnel toil in the collapsed garment factory building in search for bodies on Thursday, May 2, 2013. Rescuers found more bodies in the concrete debris of a collapsed garment factory... (AP Photo/Wong Maye-E) (Newser) – The death toll in April's Bangladesh building collapse just keeps rising, and more officials are paying a price, Reuters reports. The mayor of Savar, the suburb near Dhaka where the building stood, has been suspended from office. Mayor Mohammad Refat Ullah had signed off on the Rana Plaza building's construction, a local minister said. But Savar lacked the rights to provide the building permit, another official noted. "We won't spare anyone," said the local minister. "Actions will be taken against all who are responsible for the tragedy." The scope of that tragedy just keeps increasing: With 20 more bodies found overnight with the assistance of cranes and cutting machines, 430 people are now confirmed dead and 149 missing. Officials outside Bangladesh may also take a stand on worker safety: The European Union is taking a hard look at a trade deal that offers Bangladesh a leg up in EU markets. Europe gets 60% of the country's garment exports, Reuters notes. "We want to turn up the diplomatic heat on them and get them to sit down and discuss this with us," an EU official said earlier this week. Pope Francis, meanwhile, hasn't minced words in making his views known. The clean-up process could take another five days, the AP notes.