Paris Jackson's hospitalization has been officially classified as a suicide attempt, but law enforcement sources tell TMZ that authorities think she just "wanted attention." One source says she called a suicide hotline, which proves "she wanted to be saved. It makes no sense if you really want to die to call a hotline, where the person on the other end will get an ambulance over to your house." Paris cut her arm with a meat cleaver, then took a lot of Motrin. "Who takes Motrin to kill themselves?" the source adds. "She's into the drama," adds another, who presumably has never known a 15-year-old girl. TMZ also reports that she left a suicide note, but its contents are unknown.
Meanwhile, speculation about what was behind the suicide attempt abound:
- Sources close to the Jackson family tell the New York Daily News that Paris was stressed and upset over having to testify in the wrongful death lawsuit concerning her father later this month. "She's just a wreck," says one. After this, she may not have to testify.
- Those same sources also refute a report that Paris attempted suicide after not being allowed to attend a Marilyn Manson concert.
- A different source, who sounds just lovely, says the whole thing probably has to do with "a boy."
- E!'s sources put the blame on family drama: Paris' growing relationship with her mom, Debbie Rowe, has caused a rift between her and brother Prince, leaving Paris feeling "confused and alone," one says.
- More E! sources say Paris felt "like an outsider" and was the target of school bullies; "she doesn't feel like she really fits in" at school and "does not have very many true friends there," one says.
- Yet another E! source says she's "still not over" her father's death, and has been seeing a therapist to deal with depression. Radar notes that she's been photographed multiple times in the past with what appear to be cuts on her arm, and sources tell Fox News that this was not her first suicide attempt, though it was her most serious one.
- Here's what grandmother Katherine Jackson's lawyer had to say: "Being a sensitive 15-year-old is difficult no matter who you are. It is especially difficult when you lose the person closest to you."
And how's this for a not-classy move: Conrad Murray, the doctor implicated in Michael Jackson's death
, sent an audio message to Paris telling her, "You are not alone," TMZ
reports. Paris is currently under 72-hour psychiatric hold, Radar
reports. Oh, and don't worry: None of this will affect her acting debut in upcoming film Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys
, its producer assures Us