When Yolanda Orozco bit into her Burger King hamburger a few weeks ago, she took a look to see if there were onions. Instead, what she found was a razor blade between the meat and cheese, News 10 reports. "I was in shock," says the 46-year-old from Willits, Calif. So was the officer who responded: "To be honest with you, I thought it was going to be a hoax," he says. It wasn't, but it also wasn't intentional: Police determined that it accidentally ended up in the burger.
As officers checked out the restaurant, "we saw the disconcerting sign of three other razor blades in close proximity to food," says one. Employees use them for cleaning, and police found them above the condiments and burger warming trays. One must have fallen onto Orozco's burger, they say. The police investigation is closed, but the county's Department of Environmental Health is now looking into the matter.