Disturbing news came out last week about Michael Jackson's overdose: Before he died, Jackson hadn't gotten real sleep for 60 days, an expert testified during the wrongful death trial. That's because propofol, which he was on for two months, blocks REM sleep. But not all stories like Jackson's have a tragic ending. Radar rounds up 10 celebrities who have survived drug overdoses:
- Brooke Mueller: Six overdoses in two years. Plus 20 stints in rehab. Enough said.
- Pink: She was a "hardcore partier" from age 12 to 15, she's said. "[I was] on all the club drugs ... selling Ecstasy and crystal meth and Special K. I overdosed in ’95, and then I never took drugs again, ever."
- Shelley Long: The Cheers star had an accidental overdose while dealing with the end of her 23-year marriage in 2004.
- Eminem: After his best friend was killed in 2006, he got hooked on Vicodin and Ambien. "I overdosed and almost died," he has admitted. "I was a couple of hours away from death."
- Nikki Sixx: The Motley Crue bassist shot heroin in 1987 and was declared dead before being revived with adrenaline.
- Burt Reynolds: He got hooked on sleeping meds after breaking his jaw, and when trying to quit, he went into a coma.
Click for the complete list
—plus 10 more stars who did not survive