It's the heat of summer, so no wonder the swimming pool figures in two of this week's weirder crimes:
- Like Bonnie and Clyde, With Skinny-Dipping: A 54-year-old guy in eastern Tennessee is sure two of his neighbors stole more than $1,000 worth of stuff from his home. But it's the way they did it that's making headlines. He says the wife distracted him by skinny-dipping in his pool as her husband went through his house.
- Guy Arrested for Sex With Pool Toy ... Again: What can we say: Edwin Tobergta has a type. That type is rubber, inflatable, and, presumably, brightly colored. The Ohio man has been charged, twice in less than two years, with engaging in sexual relations with a pool toy.
- Three Arrested Trying to Kidnap ... Themselves: If only these kids watched more American TV crime procedurals, they'd know this old trick never works. Three young Norwegians—two women 18 and 21, and a man, 22—were busted trying to stage their own kidnapping and blackmail their families into giving them money for their own release.
- Catch Me If You Can, Tweets Fugitive: A fugitive convicted in a big insurance fraud scheme who taunted authorities via Twitter is now in custody in San Diego. The plight of Wanda Podgurski is getting national attention because of her bold tweets to the DA in San Diego County. "Catch me if you can," read one. They did, in Mexico.
- Wife in Video Breezily Plots Murder of Husband: A 21-year-old Michigan woman has pleaded guilty to trying to hire a hitman to kill her husband, all of it captured on video. Among the reasons: "It was easier than divorcing him."
Click for more weird crimes