It's old news that Alanis Morissette’s 1990s classic, "Ironic," isn't actually ironic. But now sisters Eliza and Rachael Hurwitz have finally fixed the song, Salon reports. Sample lyrics from their amusing cover, "It's Finally Ironic":
- "An old man turned 98, he won the lottery, and died the next day ... from a severe paper cut from his lottery ticket."
- "It's a death row pardon that causes your demise ... because you leave the jail and get hit by a bus."
- "It's like rain on your wedding day ... a day and place you chose because it's known not to rain."
- "A no-smoking sign you hung up when you quit ... now you've started again, but can't smoke because of the sign."
- "It's like 10,000 spoons you bought with your only knife ... now all you need is a knife, and you only have spoons."