Lindsay Lohan's much-anticipated sitdown with Oprah Winfrey aired last night, but no, there were no "bombshells," Vulture reports. The interview, filmed four days after Lohan left rehab, was a pretty predictable affair. Highlights from Vulture, E!, and Us:
- Lohan, who was emotional throughout the interview, answered simply "yeah" when Oprah asked if she is an addict.
- Her "drug of choice"? Alcohol. As for cocaine, she's only used it "like 10 to 15 times," she said, and while she didn't enjoy it, "it allowed me to drink more, I think that's why I did it." She also cited a dependency on Adderall, which she says she's "much calmer" without. She's not taking it anymore, she told Oprah.
- The only drug she's currently on? "Vitamins," Lohan said. Oh, and "I take Nexium. Because I have acid reflux."
- Lohan's explanation for why her addiction started: "A lot of stuff went on with my family when I was young and I grew up in a very chaotic home and then there were moments of everything being wonderful and perfect and then things being so uncontrollable and chaotic that—it's something people go through and unfortunately I waited too long to face it."
- She admitted she was addicted to the chaos, but now she's "exhausted" by it and ready to regain everyone's trust and "get the thing that's made me the happiest my whole life back, which is just work really hard and stay focused and prove myself."
- Speaking about her troubles with the law, Lohan said, "I somehow inside of me knew I wanted to go in jail. I think that was subconsciously going on in my head through my actions ... just to have some peace."
- Winfrey expressed concern with a yoga retreat in Europe Lohan planned to attend, suggesting it wasn't a good idea "just a few days out of rehab." Lohan said she's "different" now, but ended up canceling the trip two days later.
LiLo also launched a new website last week, and has a guest stint on Eastbound and Down
coming up, the Huffington Post