A murder suspect who should have thought harder about pawning a unique necklace and a newlywed bride with apparent second thoughts make this week's list:
- Scrooge McDuck Helps Crack Murder Case: In life, Miguel Rodriguez was apparently a big fan of Scrooge McDuck. In death, the cartoon character may have helped catch his killers. It's all thanks to a pawned necklace stolen from the victim.
- Cops: New Bride Shoved Husband Off Cliff: A Montana newlywed turned herself into a widow just eight days into her marriage by pushing her husband off a cliff in Glacier National Park, police say. Some of his friends aren't surprised.
- McDonald's Manager Accused of Robbing Own Store: This is about as "inside job" as it gets: Police in Pleasanton, California, say a 42-year-old manager of a local McDonald's robbed his own store at gunpoint. Then, he apparently got too cocky about his skills.
- Teen Shot Dead in Prank Gone Wrong: An 18-year-old Colorado woman tried to surprise a friend by sneaking into his home and jumping out of a closet. What happened instead was "unintended and extremely tragic," say police.
- Ex-Model Accused in $250K Sex Extortion Plot: Let this serve as a note of caution for 60-something rich guys who suddenly find themselves being wooed by stunningly attractive younger women. An ex-model went out for drinks twice with a 61-year-old "wealthy businessman," then started demanding money. Things didn't end so well for her.
Click for more crazy crimes