Casey Anthony to Answer Questions Under Oath at Last
And she won't be able to plead the Fifth
By Kevin Spak,  Newser User
Posted Sep 13, 2013 2:41 PM CDT
In this March 4, 2013, photo, Casey Anthony leaves the federal courthouse in Tampa, Fla., after a bankruptcy hearing.   (AP Photo/Brian Blanco, File)

(Newser) – Casey Anthony will soon have to answer questions about the fate of her daughter under oath for the first time. An attorney for Zenaida Gonzalez, who is pursuing a defamation suit against Anthony, plans to deposition Anthony next month, he confirmed today. Anthony won't be allowed to plead the Fifth, either, he pointed out, because her appeals have been resolved. "We look forward to getting answers to questions we have had for a very long time," he tells the Orlando Sentinel.

The deposition is scheduled for Oct. 9, and the lawyer said he sees no potential obstacle to it occurring. Gonzalez is suing Anthony because she initially told police that Caylee Anthony had been kidnapped by a nanny named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. That nanny never existed, police concluded, but Gonzalez says her similar name made her the target of suspicion.