Miley Cyrus and her tongue, which apparently has serious trouble staying in her mouth, are on the cover of Rolling Stone. It's difficult to pick just one disturbing thing from the accompanying article, so we'll run down the top 7 for you:
- Cyrus starts the interview by getting two new tattoos, "Rolling" on the bottom of one foot and "$tone" on the bottom of the other. Why? Because she wanted to do something fun with the reporter. "I thought about going to play laser tag," she explains, "but laser tag sucks."
- After the tattoos are complete, she FaceTimes with the tattoo artist's 5th-grade daughter. "Hey! I hear you make a face like me!" she says, and they both stick their tongues out at each other. "Yay!" Miley says. Later, while skydiving with the reporter, a grandmother instructs her, "Stick your tongue out!"
- Steve Carell lives down the street from her, and "he always gives me the stank-eye because I drive so fast," Miley says. "The other day I was trying to reverse and I almost hit a thousand things, and I was getting nervous because I could see him going—" and here she crosses her arms and sighs loudly to demonstrate.
- "Honestly, that was our MTV version," she says of her controversial VMAs performance. "We could have even gone further, but we didn't. I thought that's what the VMAs were all about! It's not the Grammys or the Oscars. You're not supposed to show up in a gown, Vanna White-style." (Rolling Stone calls this a diss on Taylor Swift.) Later, she says, "I wasn't trying to be sexy. If I was trying to be sexy, I could have been sexy. I can dance a lot better than I was dancing."
- She and Kanye West are "homies" (her word; she uses it quite a bit in the article, and also "homeboy"). After the VMAs, she mentioned to him that a pair of her swanky slippers were falling apart, and he bought her five more.
- In her "Wrecking Ball" video, she cries at one point. "That was real. My dog just passed away," she says in a tone Rolling Stone describes as "proud."
- "I'm still kind of a semi-nudist, because I never had clothes on" as a kid, she says. That tendency was certainly on display during the Rolling Stone photo shoot; the pictures include topless Miley in a shower, topless Miley in a pool, and topless Miley leaning out a sliding glass door.
And, OK, fine, one fairly amusing tidbit: Talking about her mom, Miley says, "I was about to put on my teddy-bear costume [before the VMAs] and she's like, 'Sweet girl, do you need to potty before you put your costume on?' I'm like, 'Mom! Kanye is standing right here!'" Click for the full article