A crime-fighting fencer and a bizarre cold case involving decades-old murders make the cut:
- Fencing Coach Foils Crime as Only a Fencing Coach Can: Two Nashville robbers had the misfortune to try to steal a purse in a shopping center parking lot just as Franco Scaramuzza pulled in. That's because Scaramuzza is a fencing coach who had just left practice and still had his equipment with him.
- Cops: Elderly Pair Killed Their Spouses, Kids Decades Ago: It's a pretty shocking allegation: that a Missouri couple in their seventies killed their spouses, along with two children, decades ago. But that's exactly what prosecutors allege.
- 9-Year-Old Assaults Teacher After She Takes iPad: Police in Rock Hill, South Carolina, were summoned to a school when a boy erupted into a rage after his 26-year-old female teacher made the mistake of ... confiscating his iPad.
- Inmate Allegedly Plots Murder via Paper Airplanes: A Long Island man accused of rape also faces murder conspiracy charges after police say he tried to recruit a fellow inmate to kill his alleged victim and a witness. His method of communication? Paper airplanes, of course.
- Cops: Drug Dealer Accidentally Texts Police: A detective in New Jersey's Andover Township got a strange text on his new cell phone: Hey, it asked, want to buy a quarter-pound of pot? The result might be the easiest bust of the year.
Click for more crazy crimes